Bitcoin price started a downside correction from $21,000 against the US Dollar. BTC could start a fresh increase if it remains stable above the $20,000 support.
- Bitcoin is slowly moving lower from the $21,000 resistance zone.
- The price is trading below $20,500 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a key declining channel forming with resistance near $20,700 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair could start another upward move if it stays above the $20,000 support zone.
Bitcoin Price Starts Downside Correction
Bitcoin price made another attempt to clear the $21,000 resistance zone. However, BTC failed to gain momentum above the $21,000 resistance zone.
A high was formed near $21,074 and the price started a fresh downside correction. There was a move below the $20,600 and $20,500 levels. The bears pushed the price below the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $20,029 swing low to $21,074 high.
Bitcoin price is now trading below $20,500 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is also a key declining channel forming with resistance near $20,700 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair.
The price is now holding the $20,450 support zone. It is close to the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $20,029 swing low to $21,074 high. On the upside, an immediate resistance is near the $20,600 zone and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
Source: BTCUSD on TradingView.com
The first major resistance sits near the $20,700 level and the channel trend line. The next major resistance is still near $21,000. A clear move above the $21,000 resistance might start a steady increase towards the $22,000 resistance. Any more gains open the doors for a test of the $22,500 resistance zone.
More Losses in BTC?
If bitcoin fails to rise above the $20,700 resistance zone, it could continue to move down. An immediate support on the downside is near the $20,450 zone.
The next major support is near the $20,200 zone. The main support sits at $20,000. A downside break and close below $20,000 might open the doors for a substantial decline in the near term.
Hourly MACD – The MACD is now gaining pace in the bearish zone.
Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is now below the 50 level.
Major Support Levels – $20,200, followed by $20,000.
Major Resistance Levels – $20,600, $20,700 and $21,000.
- Bitcoin Price Lacking Momentum Above $21k, BTC Holders Are Safe: Here’s Why
- Check all news and articles from the latest Tech updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.